From 28th October 2013 the Life in the UK test rules have changed

this student has passed their life in the uk test for british citizenship

The Home Office has now changed the ‘Knowledge of life and language in the UK’ requirements. If you applying for British Settlement or UK citizenship then you will now need to pass both the Life in the UK test and B1 English test

Remember: You need the following two certificates if you want to apply for British Citizenship or Indefinite Leave to remain:

1. A life in the UK test certificate book your exam here

2. A B1 English test certificate GESE Grade 5 from Trinity

For more information on what has changed please visit our UK immigration FAQ on our website.

1. Here are some examples of qualifications you can take at B1 CEFR level
2. Immigration guidelines FAQ

Life In The UK Test Booking

Passports life in the uk test

1. Here are some examples of qualifications you can take at B1 CEFR level

  1. Any qualification at B1 CEFR or above from The Secure English Language Test (SELT) You can see the full list on the UKBA website.
  2. You can achieve a qualification in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Entry Level 3. Ideally a qualification which includes speaking and listening. Read more about our ESOL Entry Level 3 Training Workshop to help you pass your immigration requirements.
  3. You can achieve a National Qualification in ESOL with the Scottish Qualifications Framework (SCQF). Make sure this is awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)

Booking the Life in the UK test

2. Immigration guidelines FAQ

If you’d like more information on the new immigration guidelines you can visit our FAQ on the website. It covers the following questions:

  1. What are the current immigration requirements?
  2. Are there any changes to the Life in the UK test itself?
  3. Where can I book life in the UK test?
  4. If I passed my Life in the UK test prior to 28th October 2013?
  5. What are the other equivalent qualifications to B1 English language?
  6. I am an accredited college migrant and/or studied degree taught in English
  7. What if I am a national of a majority English speaking country?
  8. I already have an English language qualification in speaking or listening
  9. I was granted settlement under the old rules prior to the 28th October 2013
  10. Who is exempt from these immigration requirements?
  11. I can not find what I am looking for. What should I do?

(please see our FAQ section)

Need help?

Speak to our support team on 01158376502

Find out more about the Life In The UK Test course.

free questions and answers for the life in the uk test